Skip to content
What is RxAir 400? What are its key features?
- The RxAir 400 is an air purifier that uses a powerful filterless UV-C Light to destroy 99.97% of airborne bacteria and viruses on the first pass, including the flu, H1N1, multiple Coronavirus strains, pneumonia, MRSA, strep, TB, measles and the common cold.
- RxAir 400 is FDA-cleared as a Class ll Medical Device.
- RxAir 400 covers up to 800 square feet and is ideal for both residential and commercial use, offering 15 different fan speeds.
- The RxAir 400’s innovative, filterless, energy-conscious RxAir® air purification technology has been proven safe and effective in testing at independent FDA and EPA certified labs.
- RxAir 400 has a patented “kill chamber” forces air around 3 powerful UV-C tubes for an extended period, ensuring the proper 254 nm wavelength dosage to maximize its inactivation rate; The “kill chamber” provides approximately one full year of use and is easily replaced.
How does RxAir 400 work?
- Powerful fans draw in air filled with bacteria, viruses and other pathogens at the bottom of the unit.
- Air passes through the patented “kill chamber” which houses three high intensity UV-C lights that have been proven to inactivate viruses, bacteria, fungi and mold by damaging their genetic structure. Purified air exits the top of the unit.
- Replace the RxAir® cartridge every 8,800 hours (approximately 1 full year) of use.
What are the notable health benefits of RxAir 400?
- Air pollution inside the home has been know to affect sleep, respiratory illnesses, mental health and autoimmune diseases.
How does RxAir 400 compare to similar products on the market? What makes it superior?
- RxAir 400 differs from competitors for a few reasons.
- FDA cleared-Class II Medical Device one of only a few air purifiers on the market that can claim this
- By utilizing a patented system of UV-C light technology, the RXAir 400 actually cleans and sanitizes your air vs. filtering old, dirty air and harvesting it inside the machine
Why would someone choose a UV-C over HEPA air purifier?
- HEPA air purifiers trap bacteria and viruses. When it is time to replace the HEPA filter the person will be exposed to the bacteria and viruses. On the other hand, UV-C has proven to inactivate bacteria and viruses. When it is time to replace our UV-C cartridge the person can take comfort in knowing the bacteria and viruses have been broken down.
How does RxAir 400 use UV-C in a safe way, where radiation or leakage is not a challenge
- The RX400 uses UV-C lights at 254nm wavelength. At this wavelength, the lamp does not produce ozone.Also, the glass encasing the lamp elements are coated with Titanium Dioxide and is designated non-ozone. UV-C lights are contained in a canister which keeps emission very low.
Where is the best place to keep RxAir 400 in one’s home? (i.e. a specific location in the house or spot in a room)
- The unit should be placed in a location that pulls the contaminated air away from the living or sleeping space. For example, in a bedroom, the unit should be placed in the corner of the bedroom furthest from the head of the sleeping individual, thus pulling untreated air away from that person.
- For highest performance and effectiveness in commercial use, always place the unit furthest from individuals, drawing untreated air away from staff and customers.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.